Sunday, April 08, 2012

I'm Speaking at Hispanicize in Miami!

This week is about to be exciting! Miami is hosting hundreds of fantastic tastemakers and thousands of bloggers in the Latin community during a week of social media, film and TV, culture and lifestyle. Hispanicize, dubbed more of an "event," has over 125 slated speakers touching on subjects that shape, inspire and build our community. While I've not been in the past, I'm excited that my first attendance will be busy speaking on two panels. I'll be talking food on the "Secret Salsa: How to Create Authentic Brand Ambassadorships And Campaigns With Latino Food Bloggers" and "Livin' La Vida Blogger: How Latino Lifestyle Bloggers Are Engaging Their Communities  and Helping Brands Get in On the Fun." 

While I'm not speaking on the fashion panel, I still have to put chic foot forward. Literally. I have a sprained ankle, now going on 5 months, so my shoe rockin' options are limited. But, I can't spend a week in sexy Miami without some fly shoes. It just won't work. So, thanks to my sister, who's is Physical Therapist, has been throwing me into intense treatment. With all hopes in my pocket, I'm relentless in my efforts to wear heel this week. I've given up on skinny or stiletto heels. Platform wedges are it.

I went out last night and found these super high studded black platforms at Bakers and just fell in love. I was in pain after 10 minutes of walking around in the store, no doubt.  I'll reserve them for more swanky engagements, leaving me with at least one more casual pair. We'll see how it goes. If I have to sport an ankle brace with my shoes for protection and stability, I'm fine with it. The sacrifices we make to stay fashionable and in our element (because flats are not for me) are painful sometimes.

I've not done any additional shopping for my trip but my vintage train case full of beautiful jewelry is a sure go! Here are a few shots of what it looks like. Major editing needed. As it stands, it weighs 20 pounds. I'm thinking 5 will be enough for 7 days!

Stay in touch for fashionable looks from muy sexy Miami! It's set to be glamorous. See you there!

Happy Sunday!




Follow me on TWITTERFACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM  | GOOGLE +



Follow B So Chic!™ Chronicles of a Hat & Shoe Queen (& A Boutique!)

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I saw your tweet and found your blog! Love it. I've never shopped at Bakers myself but the shoes look like so much fun! I like these black platforms. so sexy! Good luck with your foot.

If Curves Could Talk (Stefanie) said...

Wooot! and the shoes are just stunning like you!

Some Korean Website Highjacker said...

wow Bren, what an awesome week that sounds like!!! i bet you've been practically floating on air with the amount of insp and alike minds sharing space together. suh-weet report indeed!!!! hope your ankle held out for all the to's and fro's - platforms are definitely a stable option. nice going! i'm totally getting magpie eyes from all those sparkly bits, such wonderful colors. love it!

thanks so much for visiting me, sorry about my way late reply but please know your words were sweet solace. life throws many curve balls...glad to know we're all just trying to build the best catcher mitts in order to receive what's coming. your optimistic comment really warmed my heart, thanks again. xo ♥

Unknown said...

I hate to report that I didn't I didn't get to wear the shoes!! My ankle was still in so much pain! I love them, though! And the jewels---well, yeah, those made it to all parts of my body! :) @Lynn, I'll have to catch up with you personally. So glad to hear you're doing better! Big, big hugs to you girlie. I'm praying for you!

© 2011 B So Chic!™ : Chronicles of a Hat & Shoe Queen (& A Boutique!), AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena